Need the perfect Fall drink for comfy chair snuggling, cozy sweater wearing, great book reading, nights by the fire?
Of course you do. We all do. That’s what Fall is all about, Charlie Brown. And I’ve got the recipe – and the simple syrup!- for you!
You need to drink a Huckleberry Spruce Tip Old Fashioned.
WHY IT’S GREAT: A COZY AND SLOW SIPPING ODE TO SUMMER’S END
makes 1 serving
- 2 ounces Batch 206 Old Log Cabin Bourbon (or another not-too sweet bourbon whiskey)
- 1 barspoon Simple Goodness Sisters’ Huckleberry Spruce Tip syrup- BUY IT HERE
- 1 dash aromatic bitters
- 1 dash citrus bitters (we make ours, but bitterhousewife has a good one too)
- light splash of club soda optional
- ice (use a large square cube mold or just a single cube of ice)
- orange twist
- optional garnishes-edible flowers, cinnamon stick
How to make it: In a heavy bottom rocks glass, dash the bitters to the bottom of the glass. Add a barspoon of simple syrup and stir. Add your ice cube and pour the 2 ounces of whiskey over the top of the cube. Give one gentle swirl to the drink. Add a splash of club soda, if desired, and the take your citrus twist (a skinny section of citrus peel that has been carefully shaved off the fruit without removing the white part or “pith”, as this part brings bitterness to the drink.) Rub the twist along the inside of the glass rim, and then hold both ends in your fingers and give it one counter clockwise turn over the top of the glass. Curl the ends to a spiral and drop it in the glass.
And if you are a blogger and want to collaborate, please let us know. We can’t wait to see what delicious-ness you’re mixing up with SGS syrups!
Haven’t bought yours yet? Follow this link to our shop! Remember, these make awesome, stress-free but thoughtful gifts for teachers, neighbors, employees, holiday hosts, friends, and family! And, ahem….your own stocking!