Welcome to 2014 y’all! whether you’re sleeping off the champagne toast or starting the new workout routine bright and early this morning, good for you- you made it another year and we can tell already, it’s going to be a good one! Last night we toasted to a simply good year for our families and all of our followers, filled with good friends, close family, healthy animals, an abundant crop and new adventures.
With 2013 behind us but still warm in our hearts, we’d like to revisit some of our favorite moments of the year on the blog. It was quite a memorable year for our family, from the very funny goats in the car trip, to the happy and hopeful move from the old homestead to the new, much bigger farm, to the sad passing of our beloved matriarch Nanny. Here are some of our favorite posts:
1. A photoshoot turned hilarious when Venise and Ross tried to get the animals to participate in their Christmas card
2. Venise and family moved to the new farm and sold their first home together, the mini-farm
3. Belinda and Venise travelled from Memphis to Nashville, Tennessee and documented the raucous trip.
4. Belinda liked blogging so much that she officially joined the newly re-named Simple Goodness blog.
5. Dairy cows Mama and her calf Charlotte moved onto the farm and taught Venise a thing or two about milking and caring for cows, later they added a steer, Hank, as well.
6. Our Nanny, a saint among women and a beloved grandmother, mother, wife and friend passed on this year
7. Have Goats, Will Travel: the herd took a trip in the back of the SUV and Kate filmed the rather hilarious process
8. Kate and Ruby practiced driving on the farm on the new gator
9. The farm family got even bigger with the arrival of the hens
10. EB gave birth to her first kids and Venise and Kate learned how to care for baby goats